DRGW 463 at Osier
Denver & Rio Grande Western K-27 2-8-2 463 is leading a special excursion to commemorate its return to service at Osier, Colorado on May 20, 2013. Mike Armstrong photo.
DRGW 463 was built by Baldwin in 1903. Originally built as a Vauclain compound, the locomotive was soon converted to conventional operation. No. 463 is one of several K-27 class 2-8-2 locomotives that have been preserved. It was owned by Gene Autry from 1955 to 1972, then donated to the city of Antonito, Colorado. It was restored to service in 1994 and ran until 2001. Rebuilt again, it was returned to service on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad on May 20, 2013.
About our prints…
Our archival, art quality images like DRGW 463 at Osier are reproduced on acid-free paper with ink that is rated to be fade resistant for up to 200 years.
Each DRGW 463 at Osier print comes mounted in a 16″ x 20″ archival mat with backing board. All TSG prints are matted to standard frame sizes for ease of framing.
We cut our own mats. The mat colors may vary depending on what we have in stock but we always pick something that compliments the artwork. If you place an order and would like a specific mat color, send us a note and we will try to accommodate you. For DRGW 463 at Osier we usually use a double mat, often in shades of brown and/or gray. Sometimes we use the same color for both the inner and outer mats. This creates a different but equally appealing look. The print itself is about 11″ x 14″, which leaves an approximate 2.5″ border on the sides and 3″ on the top and bottom.
Prints are protected by a clear plastic archival bag that guards against moisture and minor scratches. We recommend leaving the print inside the bag until it is transferred to a frame.
Note: The URL and copyright watermark are not part of the image.